Flight Instructor (Full Time and/or Part Time)
Chief Flight Instructor
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team at the American Flight Schools. As Flight Instructors are so vital to our organization and represent our Club more than anything else we do, we are very selective when it comes to appointing the role of CFI. It is imperative that the American Flight Schools instructors ‘fit in’ with our unique environment by setting the example of what the club represents:
- Professional Aviators
- Competent and accurate communicators
- Safety conscious
- Fun to be around
A Flight Instructor is the face of aviation to everyone that learns to fly. The conduct, opinions, and professionalism of a Flight Instructor will have a lasting impact on every student they encounter. The many hours spent together in the confined space of an enclosed cockpit are extremely influential. Every conversation will be recalled, every opinion will be remembered, and every flying skill demonstrated will be ingrained in that pilot for countless more hours, long after their initial training.
We have established policies and procedures, which assist us in selecting the best CFI candidates from all that apply. In order to be considered for employment, Flight Instructor applicants should submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Resume with up to date flight times/experience
- Copy of Pilot and Instructor Certificates and current Medical Certificate
Following an evaluation of qualifications, applicants will:
- Undergo complete background checks
- Ground Interview with Chief Flight Instructor and/or Assistant Chief
- Flight Interview with the Chief Flight Instructor and/or Assistant Chief (NOTE: Applicant pays for the aircraft)
American Flight Schools strives to maintain a professional environment with great people, great pilots, and great instructors, where learning to fly or renting an aircraft is always an enjoyable experience and where personal growth as a pilot is strongly encouraged. This starts with our Flight Instructors, the most influential role at the Club.
The privilege of being part of our team is for those who meet the high standards of knowledge, experience, proficiency, and professionalism established by the club. These standards exceed FAA requirements and not every applicant will qualify. Submitting an application does not guarantee an interview, checkout, or employment.
Under general direction of the Chief Flight Instructor, conduct top quality flight instruction per an approved syllabus; ensure students are held to a high standard of safety; ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) as well as company policies and procedures in the training of students.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Adheres to approved flight training syllabus.
- Maintains flight proficiency for each aircraft flown in the conduct of flight training.
- Adheres to all FAA regulations and company policies & procedures.
- Improves aeronautical knowledge and flying skills through continuing education and operational experiences.
- Maximizes student’s training investment by arriving for each lesson on time and fully prepared.
- Promotes company events, products, and services to students whenever appropriate.
- Exercises exemplary customer service; responds in a timely manner to all voicemails and emails
- Attending all monthly CFI meetings.
- Completing an Annual CLUB CFI Checkout with the Chief Flight Instructor or Assistant Chief Flight Instructor.
- Adhering to all CLUB Policies and Standards.
- Proper use of the online schedule.
- Compensation will vary based upon experience of the Instructor.
- All American Flight Schools Flight Training instructor services must be paid through the CLUB’s front desk.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.