Redbird - Simulator FMX Flight Simulator - $70
Aspen Flying Club
The Redbird is an AATD Simulator with 3-axis motion.
The Redbird FMX is a superior-quality, full motion, feature-rich Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD). With standard features such as wrap-around visuals, a fully enclosed cockpit, quick-change configurations, scenario-based training compatibility and of course an electric motion platform, the FMX serves up a level of realism that is simply unavailable in other training devices on the market.
You will be impressed with the authenticity of the Redbird’s performance, responsiveness, and visual accuracy. Its ability to simulate actual conditions, including change in weather, mechanical failure, and specific training points, will prepare student pilots to anticipate and mentally train for real-time situations.
The Redbird FMX is formatted with three aircraft modules:
- Cessna 172SP with conventional deck and the Garmin 430/530
- Cessna 182RG with glass deck and the Garmin 1000
- Piper Seminole Twin with conventional deck and the Garmin 430/530
FMXs are approved for:
- Logging 2.5 hours toward the Private certificate
- Logging 20 hours toward the Instrument rating
- Logging the required approaches, holds, and intercepting/tracking for instrument currency
- Instrument Proficiency Check per the Instrument ACS
- Logging up to 50 hours toward the Commercial Pilot Certificate
At American Flight Schools, we’re always adding new aircraft rentals to our fleet, so either check back often, or better yet… sign up for our email list to be kept up to date on new aircraft rental additions, flight training classes, and other exciting happenings at our locations.